You are here: Home › Medical Council › Medical Council
The Medical Council consists of Permanent Secretary for Health, Deputy Secretary, registered practitioners elected by medical practitioners, vocational practitioners, representative of Fiji Medical Association, representative of the Fiji College of General Practitioners, Dean of the School of Medicine from the Fiji National University & Umanand School of Medicine.
The key powers and functions of the Council are;
- to register medical practitioners and medical students
- to issue, revoke or suspend medical practice licences
- to conduct investigations and take disciplinary proceedings
- to issue codes of practice and professional standards for medical practitioners and medical students
- to issue or endorse guidelines on continuing professional development for medical practitioners.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: +679 330 3647
- Fax: +679 330 4201
- Address: 1 Brown Street, Suva, Fiji